Quality & Environment
Quality improvement and environment preservation are among GeoSLab objectives and are integrated in the company management model. Both Management and staff assume the commitment with client focused quality management and the fulfilment and disclosure of environmental values.
That’s why we have promoted a Quality and Environmental integrated management system, based on the UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2008 (November 2008) and UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2004 (December 2004) requirements. The certification of compliance was awarded on July 2011.
In addition, on October 2011 we obtained the ISO/IEC 15504 SPICE (Software Process Improvement Capability Determination) and IT Mark Level 2 certifications. SPICE is a norm to evaluate and improve process capacity and maturity that we have applied to the evaluation and quality improvement of the software development and maintenance process.
GEOSPATIUMLAB, as part of its commitment with environment, promises to:
- Provide a maximum quality service that fulfills broadly customer and applicable environmental regulation and to set up our proper codes in those aspects where no regulation is implemented.
- Manage our activity under a preventive focus to avoid later corrections.
- Reduce, when possible, waste and emissions in our activity, in our own work and in that with suppliers.
- Promote energy efficiency, reuse and recycling, and, in general, resources saving, designing properly operating processes.
- Facilitate adequate environmental information to our staff, clients, allies, suppliers and subcontractors, training and encouraging them to apply environmental good practices.
- Set up a continuous improvement system for processes, procedures and services and evaluate periodically its objectives fulfilment.
- Promote a work environment that facilitates personal development, assigning properly functions and responsibilities, providing continuous training and motivation and enhancing human and environmental values.
- Compliance with legislation and professional code of ethics.